The digital revolution is unstoppable. For companies, it gives rise to new challenges and opportunities. To respond to the increasingly demanding expectations of customers, partners and employees, companies should embrace digital transformation.
The digital revolution is happening right now. Online shopping, e-banking, electronic payments are all established concepts. Camera’s, phones, televisions, … what once was analogue is now digital. And what’s more, the digital technology is evolving faster and faster.
Because of the digital revolution, the environment in which companies operate is also changing. Customers, partners and suppliers have found the way to online services. They demand easy access, when they want, on the device of their choice. They expect immediate response, around the clock, every day of the week. That is why it is crucial to invest in digital technology.
Digital transformation: driver for business success
At the root of digital transformation is a simple, yet ambitious driver: making use of all opportunities of today’s digital technologies to take a giant leap in business effectiveness and intelligence. To succeed in today’s environment, businesses require a deeper insight in customer behaviour, a faster adaption to change and new business models for greater reach.
Digital transformation is an integrated gradual process
How a company decides to go digital depends on the company and where it is in its business cycle. Digital transformation does not come overnight, it is a gradual process that unites people, processes and IT. Choosing for digital transformation is choosing for a totally different business model. It requires a different type of customer engagement and commitment to improve agility on support and services.
New challenges in today’s digital world.
The digital revolution involves new needs and challenges for companies. Not only in the field of technology, but also in terms of customer support and HR-management. The biggest challenges for companies today are:
- Improve customer experience on multiple platforms and devices and at every customer touch-point. Mobile and cloud solutions should be installed with a focus on great user experience.
- Hire the right talent. The new technologies are only as smart as the people that manage them. Therefor companies need to hire the right digital talent to really get the most out of their digital tools. Data scientists are required to control and analyse the big data. Social media experts can tap into the vibrant worlds of today’s digital natives. Web analytics enthusiasts enable smart marketing insights, leading to successful campaigns.
- Improve customer knowledge. Enterprises today strive for customer engagement and customer intimacy. Therefore, you need to know your customers at a deeper level. What influences and motivates them? What are their purchase patterns? The goal is clear, yet difficult to achieve. Data intelligence can predict what customers want before they know they want it. If you can offer this information in a simple, natural way to the customer, you will score high on the customer engagement scale.
- Empower employees. With the right digital tools in place you will see a positive effect on employee morale. Collaboration tools, centralised file storing, CRM and access anywhere anytime empowers staff to perform better and faster and is beneficial for employee satisfaction. Enabling real-time information sharing across departments stimulates teamwork and innovation.
- Optimize business insights. You know what is happening in your organizations and the world around it? Well, that is a start, but it is not enough. You have to know what will happen in the future to be prepared, anticipate and capitalize on that insight. Big data and the Internet of Things are really happening. With the right tools this huge amount of data can reveal patterns and trends to benefit from, in the likes of smarter business decisions.
- Enable business productivity. Digital technologies allow for shared, secure workplaces. This way employees can concentrate on their tasks rather than worry about their working spot. Companies benefit from purposeful cross-functional collaboration environments, stimulating business productivity.
Start your digital transformation now
Companies cannot ignore the call of the digital revolution. The signs are omnipresent: Internet of Things, smart devices, remote working, big data, but also volatile markets, increasingly demanding customers and a new generation of digital native employees. Instead of ignoring the rapidly changing digital world, companies must embrace it now. By responding to these changes rapidly, you build a true competitive advantage, before others imitate your success and margins dilute.
Start your digital journey now with Docbyte. We offer efficient solutions to transform your organization into a digital enterprise and help you with the implementation of a smart mobile workplace. Contact us via email@example.com.