We are looking for a hands-on Technical Support Engineer (IT Service Desk & Test
Docbyte’s customers include banks, insurers, healthcare, public organisations and private
enterprises. Docbyte helps them to digitize and automate their business processes, making the
shift from paper-based processes to fully digital workflows.
Docbyte’s intelligent technologies free the customers from repetitive administrative tasks and
support users through process automation, intelligent information interpretation and management.
Docbyte’s customer success team wants a new member: as a Technical Support Engineer, you fulfil
an essential role in serving the customers: you manage the cloud applications, you fix technical
issues and implement changes. You are also part of the Docbyte quality assurance effort by
assuring that all new software releases are thoroughly tested using test automation (so yes, you’ll
be a part-time test engineer as well).
Your role & responsibilities:
- You deliver technical support (2nd line, not end users) to Docbyte customers on cloud and
- You troubleshoot and diagnose reported issues and identify the cause and solution.
- You serve customers via the Docbyte Support (ticketing) platform. When a ticket requires
it, you call the customer or organise a videocall to deep dive into a specific issue.
- You provide prompt, accurate and complete feedback to customers, both oral and written.
- You respect the SLA’s and react to customer requests within the pre-defined time.
- You identify and escalate engineering issues (that’s “bugs” to you and me) and provide
developers with the necessary information for them to fix those issues in code.
- You build and maintain our automated test environment, using industry standard
- You use your knowledge of the customer and his environment to continuously improve our
internal testing and assist in testing our products before they are released. You perform
manual testing of new features in our software, both as a first check and as a basis for
building automated test scripts.
- You have a bachelor degree in IT – or equivalent through experience. You are interested in
software and software testing.
- You have working practice with JIRA and Confluence
- Ideally, you are familiar and have experience with different technologies/tools/frameworks:
- Selenium, Cucumber
- AWS, networking, Linux (incl. CLI commands), Windows
- XML, JSON, REST services, Postman
- You are conversational in English, both oral and written. Speaking/writing Dutch and/or
French is an asset.
- You enjoy working on different thing at the same time throughout the day.
- You are a people person, enjoying frequent and varied contacts with different people.
- You are proactive and don’t need micro-management.
- The concepts of “process automation” and “digital archiving” do not scare you. On the
contrary, you are intrigued.
If you don’t meet all the requirements, but you are confident you can do the job, you may still be
the one we’re looking for. We like confidence 😉
What do we have to offer:
- Great colleagues who work towards the same goals as you.
- The opportunity for personal development and growth.
- Room for personal initiative and a welcoming ear to good ideas.
- A mixed on-site/remote work environment.
- A comprehensive onboarding process that lets you get familiar with the job, the company,
the products and the customers before starting the actual job.
- The opportunity to work with state-of-the-art solutions in Information Management with a
company that’s going for gold.
- A competitive salary that matches your experience, skills and responsibility.
- An attractive extra-legal benefits package.